Sunday, December 3, 2017

1 Hour Pear 6" x 6"

It seems like most days I should be able to fit 1 hour in for painting. My normal tendency is to paint for 5 hours or so. I get really absorbed--maybe too much. But I can't do that every day.
So I'll try this for a while. I got inspired to do this when I took Julie Davis' workshop and she said that when she started painting she would set her alarm forty-five minutes early and paint before getting the kids ready for school. Well, an old retired lady should be able to manage an hour a day. I guess it's really 2 with the clean up and posting.
I didn't like the gesso board I've used the last couple days. Will try something else tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Am enjoying seeing your shorter paintings Euphemia:)..And loved the Little House as am just reading Laura Wilder's books..tho of course yours Is slightly different!You are lucky to even be able to buy the gessobord..it isn't available here in New Zealand..so I have had some sent from US..I am enjoying it.
    Looking forward to your next posting:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. I don't really imagine that anyone looks at this so it's nice to know you are there. Maybe I'll try the gesso board again.

      Delete
    2. Probably Lots of people look at it!:)

      Delete