Thursday, December 7, 2017

Sardine and Anchovy Tins 6" x 8"


I knew this was too complicated to finish in 1 hour so I went as fast as I could and did a photo at the 1 hour point. It took me another hour and 45 minutes to finish. I fiddled around a lot with the photography trying to get the colors true. The background is still a tiny bit yellower than in the photo. I did discover that I get no glare if I lay the piece flat on the ground and photograph from above. This solves a problem I've had for a long time. I used the cloudy setting with a 1 1/3 light setting.
I used a panel that I had made with Windriver canvas. I love how that canvas looks with a finished painting but I have a lot of trouble getting the brush to move across it. Maybe more paint or a different medium would help.
I think I did pretty well today.

No comments:

Post a Comment